Monday, October 01, 2007

O! M! G!
I just received a parcel from my Secret Pal. Actually, it went out west and Nick had to forward it to me here at the beach. It arrived today and when I opened it, all I could say, is OMG, over and over again. "Sock Pal" really outdid herself.
The package included a wonderful skein of Mini Maiden, the little sister of the Silk Maiden that I have been totally ga-ga over. It is a delightful blend of Silk and Wool and is in the most luxurious color called Sangria. Cocktails, anyone? I just can't seem to stop petting it. It truly is that luscious. Oh, my.
Then, there was a lavender sachet pillow from Peace Valley Lavender Farm, accompanied by a little tub of the Lavender Shea Butter. Nothing, I mean nothing, makes my yarn smell any better than lavender. A girl can never have too much lavender.
Finally, I came to a small package that was wrapped in a plain wrapper, from Knitty Noddy. Gingerly, I opened it to reveal.... "Knitting Lace Triangles", the latest book from my idol, Evelyn Clark. It is eerie, because I was seriously contemplating buying the book myself, just yesterday. I just ran out of time and never got around to order it. Talk about karma!
Well, "Sock Pal", you have put together one truly fabulous package and I am in awe. This one was definitely a "10". This is one that will hard to beat.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: