Monday, October 15, 2007

My Pal, she has done it again..

I was just about to walk out the door for my daily errands. You know.. the bank, library, post office, dry-cleaners, etc. However, there was this package leaning up against the door. My curiosity was peaked. The darn errands would have to wait.

I opened the box to reveal two packages that were so carefully wrapped in white tissue paper. But, not for long. I ripped open the first to reveal two skeins of Louet Gems in the Indigo colorway. My first instinct, as with all yarn, was to put it up to my cheek to rub it and smell it. It is truly luscious. I have never used this yarn, but with all the socks that I have planned in the wings over the next 3 months, that yarn will not be gathering too much dust.And then, as I opened the next package, I stopped dead in my tracks. I was, and if you can believe it, still am, speechless. There was the piece d' resistance (OK, so you can tell that I took Spanish not French). There was the most truly fabulous, mouth-dropping, incredible, fantastic, awe-inspiring, and most coveted sock blockers that I have ever feasted my eyes upon. And they were mine. All mine.
Just when I didn't think that it was possible for my pal to top her last package, she did it again. I am floored, and extremely grateful for her infinite generosity and down right good taste! Thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you.

And of course, I couldn't resist modeling my most recent pair of socks. Here they are, in all their glory, looking too marvelous....

No comments: