Sunday, October 01, 2006

Obligatory Post: Secret Pal 9 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love knitting with just about everything. I love alpaca, merino, cashmere and cotton. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don't like mohair (it just seems to itch me to no end), glitzy and novelties.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my needles in a Lantern Moon Needle case. It is so practical and luxurious at the same time.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I have been knitting for 1 1/2 years with the tremendous help of on-line tutorials and wonderful friends. I am still learning. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would consider myself an adventurous intermediate. I never met a challenge that I didn't face head on.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, not really.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I recently discovered lavender and love using hand-made sachets with freshly dried lavender when storing my hand-knits. For candles, etc... I love citrus scents, like lemons and oranges.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh gosh yes! Love chocolate, especially white chocolate, snickers, peanut m&m's

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I have a great admiration for hand-crafts of all kinds. I have dabbled with quilting, embroidery, woodworking, painting, stained glass and basket weaving, etc. Do you spin? I can envision spinning in the the near future.

8. What kind of music do you like? Rock. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes

9. What's your favorite color(s)? I love all colors that are rich, deep, and fully saturated, especially earthy colors like reds, burgandys, rusts, greens, blues. Any colors you just can't stand? I abhor pastels. I do not care for brown or gray.

10. What is your family situation? I am married to my best friend of 28 years. Do you have any pets? One dog, Skeeter, a Bichon.

11. Do you wear scarves, I love scarves, especially lace ones, more decorative than for warmth hats, mittens Having relocated to the Mohave Desert, I don't have much a need for hats or mittens or ponchos? I haven't worn one since the 70's.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love knitting shawls... one size fits all!

13. What are you knitting right now? A shawl - my second Estonian Garden Wrap.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? OH YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It depends on what I am knitting. I love my Crystal Palace straight bamboos, Addi Turbo and Denise.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I don't have one.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? Do you mean besides yarn, needles, knitting books and magazines? Tee hee. I have an affinity for German Nutcrackers, Gullah Sweetgrass Baskets, antiques, wines

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Can anyone ever have too much? I don't think so. My stash could always use some enhancement. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have subscriptions to Rowan and Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I always try to broaden my horizons. I think that my next challenge will be color work. And of course, spinning.

22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes. What are your foot measurements? Size 10 shoe.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) April 25th.

1 comment:

Craftybernie said...

Hi Doreen - it's the Angora that appears to be causing the problem. So I've only been able to do a little at a time.

I didn't want to post this on the ISE3 blog as my pal knew I was using Angora. She likes Merino too so I'm ok for yarn. But it's still frustrating!!!!