Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What happens in Vegas....

I don't know if you all know, but Hubby and I will be relocating out west. It will be a little bittersweet, moving from coastal South Carolina, and heading 2,500 miles west to the middle of the Mohave Desert. Yikes! But, do you know what I will miss the most? No, not the ocean. No, not the humidity. Yep, you guessed it..... Trees!

We have purchased a home in Laughlin, Nevada. Hub has been there since August, and every few weeks, I have been commuting from Pawleys Island. This visit, he has a show in LV, and I dutifully accompanied him. Sigh. Someone had to do it! (grin).

Today, I am off to visit three of the LYS (Gail Knits, Two Crazy Ladies, and Wooly Wonder). I even have a personal local guide, Debi. I "met" Debi about one year ago, while participating in the 2nd International Scarf Exchange. It was my first ever exchange, and perhaps the best one that I will ever be involved in. Besides a most fabulous scarf, I also benefited from getting to know a truly remarkable individual. For the past year, we have been chatting constantly, exchanging emails. And finally, on this trip, we finally met.

Speaking of ISE. I finished the Estonian Garden Wrap while here in LV. Debi lent me her dressing wires and pins and I blocked it on the hotel room floor. I will be posting pictures when I return to PI. I haven't the foggiest notion how to download pictures using Hub's camera. It did come out fine, but I am having doubts if my pal will like it, or if she can even use it. So, I will continue to dabble with a few other projects, in my search of the the ultimate, perfect package.

No comments: