Saturday, February 18, 2006



My First Gold Medal!

Listen.... Can you hear the National Anthem playing?

I got off to a late start, beginning on Saturday night, but after 3 days of SOLID knitting, I am so pleased to announce that I completed the Flower Basket Shawl! Woo Hoo! I used Mountain Colors - Mountain Goat in the colorways Silverbow. Isn't it fabulous?

I had been "dabbling" with simple beginner lace scarves over the past 2 months, but completing an entire shawl ?!? I thought that a feat like this would be beyond my reach.

I will be working on the Bird's Nest Shawl for the remainder of the Olympics. I know that I don't have a snowballs chance in Hades at completing it, but I do promise you all that I won't go Tonya on you, when I don't.

I am hoping that everyone else who is "competing" in the Olympics will strive for their gold and will attain it!

Go Team USA!

2 comments:

Marji said...

Your flower basket shawl is beautiful. You did a great job and have a right to feel very proud.

you mentioned your hands ache - how are your neck and shoulders? That's where I feel it.

Dorene said...

Oh Marji...
This is so sweet that you noticed this here.
Only my hands ached after this one.. especially the final day of 18 hours straight. I was just SO close that I couldn't stop myself. By the time I was casting off.... I was almost in tears, but I still didn't stop! Gosh.. I am SO OCD!