Tuesday, February 10, 2009

International Scarf Exchange 7

I am participating in the International Scarf Exchange 7.  Out of all the swaps that I do, this one has got to be my most favorite and one that I hold near and dear to my heart.

My first one was the ISE2.  I had only been knitting a few months, and I was terrified.  Terrified of what to give another knitter.  This wasn't going to be a loving family member who would oh and ah over just about anything that I made.  This was going to another knitter who would be able to see each and every mistake that I made.  I looked in awe at all the masterpieces that were being exchanged and just hoped that my endeavor would meet the expectations of its intended recipient.

I love this exchange because it made me spread my wings and try new and different techniques in the quest of the most perfect scarf.  It made me venture down that path that I would not have normally go.  It also afforded me the opportunity to meet some truly, truly remarkable people, like Debi, who will forever occupy a special place in my heart.

Well, this exchange is winding down and my current project is now winging its way across the US to its new owner.  I am hoping that she accepts my gift and recognizes all the hope and good intention that accompany it.  It was made with love, and dedicated to the memory of friendship.

Here is Gail (aka Nightsongs) 

DSC00328

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Who would not love such a gift? It is absolutely beautiful. x K

Gigi said...

And I've been reading your blog since ISE2! Sooooo beautiful. Your pal is going to love it!

Scarfpal said...

Here I am! My name is Tina and I am the VERY HAPPY recipient of the absolutely beautiful Nightsongs shawl for ISE7. It is even more lovely in person... so soft... so intricate and the colors are rich and warm. I've owned it for all of one hour so far and have modelled it in a hundred ways for my family. And the first time I wear it for real will be day-after-tomorrow -- for an important business meeting all the way across the country from my home. I'm sure it will bring me luck!
Dorene -- I LOVE IT!!!
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Tina

Leah said...

That really is absolutely stunning!

--your scarf pal, Leah

thibeaux1369 said...

your nightsongs is one of the most lovely i've seen.