Monday, June 26, 2006

The Kiri is complete!

Here she sits on a post in my garden. Isn't she beautiful? I can't believe just how easy and fast that it worked up. Am I getting better at lace, or was this just a simple pattern? Either way, I just LOVE how it worked up.

I used Henry's Attic Kona Superwash, about 8 oz, using my Addis size 8.

I thought that I had GOBS of this yarn left, so I cast on for the Ene Scarf. I am almost finished the 3rd repeat of chart #3, and I have almost used a full pound of the Kona. Oh well, it will most definitely NOT be a scarf, but a shawl instead.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

your shawl is beautiful!!! I can't stop looking at it! You are definitely a good knitter!

Dorene said...

Ah shucks.... thanks Wendy!

Dorene said...

Indigo....

The Kiri Shawl is gorgeous! Isn't it? It was designed by Polly Outhwaite and is available on her website www.alltangledup.com And one of the nicest things... it's free!

So, girl... be a joiner-on copycat like the rest of us and knit away! I can't wait to see what you do with this great pattern.

If you need any help, give a holler!