Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Shawl

I am flattered, beyond words....

Yesterday morning, I was asked to join a group on Ravelry - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Shawl.  I will be joined by 49 amazingly, fabulously talented individuals who will be working on a Shawl - together.  The shawl will journey across the country, from one knitter to another knitter, until it has been passed to a knitter in every state of our GREAT country.  Once its finished, it will be raffled off with the proceeds being donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.  You can follow this shawl as it travels at this blog.

Everyone has been impacted by cancer.  I am honored to have been asked to represent the State of South Carolina in this momentous endeavor.  I am participating in honor of all cancer survivors and dedicating my efforts to the memory of my Dad.

2 comments:

Ann K. said...

This sounds amazing and so much fun! Very nice! They are lucky to have you contributing... :)

Toni said...

What a fabulous idea! Enjoy!!!!