Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas gifts and felted clogs and other ramblings...

My entire family will be descending upon the beach house for Christmas. This includes all my children, their appropriate others, my sisters and brothers, their spouses and their children, Grandma and an Aunt. There is no way my home will hold all of the bodies, so we also rented another 4 br house for overflow.

Most of the children are young adults. So, what do you get them? I made clogs. Well, as a matter of fact, I am still making them. If I make my goal, I would have made a total of 15 pairs. That's 30 clogs and 60 soles! If anyone has ever made these know that you dread the soles. It is so tediously boring.

I have 6 pairs done and they are currently in the washer, hopefully "doing what they are supposed to do". Felt dammit! Felt!

Secret Pal 9 Updates
In other news, I did receive a wonderful package from my Secret Pal 9. She is just the most thoughtful thing. This one included Interweave Knits, Fall 2006. It was an issue that I was secretly coveting. She also had some wonderful Evelyn & Crabtree hand cream and some lip balm for my gawd awful chapped lips.

I still have to send my final package to my recipient. I will be giving the Swallowtail Shawl (pictured below) that I have just completed and some other comfort things. So, keep your eye out for a package. It just might be heading in your direction. Do you feel lucky?

1 comment:

starrypurplehaze said...

don't forget that the exchange goes until the 31st of January. :) that being said, that shawl is GORGEOUS!!